Terms & Conditions
24Translation offers vendors the opportunity to translate, edit and upload texts, files and other documents in return for remuneration on the Internet platform operated by 24Translation.
2 Registration/use of services
(1) Registration is required to use 24Translation’s services. To register, the vendor must fill out the application form available on the 24Translation website. Upon registration, the vendor agrees to these General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as: GTC). The vendor can view the relevant GTC online before registering and can call up, store or print these at any time.
(2)With his/her application, the vendor confirms that all his/her entered details are accurate, complete and truthful. The vendor undertakes to keep the information provided in his/her registration form up to date. If such information is found to be false, incorrect or out of date, 24Translation may block or discontinue the vendor’s access to 24Translation’s services.
(3) Upon successfully completing the registration process, the e-mail provided by the vendor must be verified. To this end, an e-mail containing a link will be sent to the address provided, the receipt of which the vendor shall confirm by clicking on this link. After registration has been validated, the vendor’s account will be activated and he/she will be able to use 24Translation’s services.
(4) The vendor is personally responsible for keeping his/her login data (login, password) private. Should an unauthorized third party gain knowledge of the vendor’s data, 24Translation must be notified immediately.
(5) The vendor shall not be entitled to demand any authorization to use 24Translation’s services. 24Translation has the right to change or even discontinue the operation of its services at any time.
3 Performance, delivery, review and acceptance of services
(1) 24Translation will offer the vendor translation jobs, but is under no obligation whatsoever to do so. If the vendor accepts a job, he/she undertakes only to submit diligently translated, proofread or edited texts or files that have been otherwise edited. The vendor is not entitled to provide partial performance. All translations and other services must be performed manually. Computer-generated translations will not be accepted.
(2) 24Translation shall review the texts or files submitted by the vendor for quality assurance purposes. The vendor is not entitled to have the translations or files that he/she has submitted reviewed.
(3) The vendor is responsible for the quality of the service and for complying with agreed deadlines.
(4) 24Translation may make alterations to translated, proofread or edited texts or files that have been otherwise edited, which have been submitted by the vendor, at its own discretion and without providing any reasons. If 24Translation alters texts that the vendor has delivered, the vendor shall not be liable for the accuracy of the modified sections of text.
(5) The time allowed for providing a service depends on the individual job. If the translated, proofread or edited text or file that has been otherwise edited, is not delivered within the agreed time, 24Translation is entitled to withdraw from the contract and claim damages on the grounds of non-performance. In this case, the vendor is not entitled to payment of any remuneration. 24Translation is further entitled to exclude the vendor from further use of its services.
4 Right to complain
(1) If the vendor discovers discrepancies in connection with the respective assignment, he/she shall inform 24Translation of this immediately. This may, for example, concern the scope of the assignment as well as the quality and other conditions that may affect the vendor’s ability to carry out the assignment at a level satisfactory to the client.
(2) In accordance with the terms and conditions of sale and delivery, the customer is entitled to lodge a complaint within 14 days from receipt of the translated document.
(3) Should it transpire that the customer’s complaint is justified; the vendor shall, in the first instance, be responsible for correcting the translation free of charge. Moreover, the vendor shall bear the cost of this up to the value of the corresponding fee for the unsatisfactory translation.
5 Granting of rights / Confidentiality
(1) By submitting the text or, respectively, the edited file, the vendor grants 24Translation the exclusive right to use and/or exploit the services provided without any restrictions in terms of time and location.
(2) 24Translation is entitled in particular to store the submitted translation in full or in part, to change or edit it, to duplicate it, to reproduce it publicly, or to utilize it in any other way.
(3) 24Translation is also entitled to grant and/or transfer the above usage rights to third parties.
(4) The vendor waives his/her right to be designated and/or named as the author.
(5) Information that the vendor receives from a customer or from 24Translation in connection with a service that has been provided shall be treated as strictly confidential. Documents, reference texts and information may at no time be passed on without the express consent of 24Translation. Any violation of these guidelines shall lead to the vendor being immediately excluded from further use of 24Translation’s services and may even result in legal proceedings.
6 Non-competition clause
To safeguard a professional relationship, contractors are prohibited from contacting 24Translation’s clients.
The vendor must enter his/her payment details into his/her 24Translation account for the payment to be transacted. The vendor shall be responsible for ensuring that the payment information is correct. Failure to do so may result in delayed payment. Changes to payment information can only be taken into account until the 28th of the month for the next payment on the 15th of the following month.
24Translation explicitly states that payments represent vendor’s income and are as such subject to income tax and must therefore be reported by the vendor to his/her tax office.
If a project is terminated by the customer once work has already begun, the vendor is entitled to receive proportional remuneration for the completed portion.
(1) 24Translation shall be fully liable for injury to life, body or health. In case of impossibility of performance and default as well as in the event of a breach of material contractual obligations (so-called cardinal obligations), 24Translation shall also be liable for slight negligence, whereby liability shall be limited to the typical foreseeable damage. Cardinal obligations are contractual obligations the fulfilment of which makes the due and proper execution of the contract at all possible and on the fulfilment of which the customer regularly relies and also should be able to rely. Typical foreseeable damage is the type of damage that falls under the protective purpose of the breached contractual obligation or legal standard. In all other matters, 24Translation shall not be liable in cases of slight negligence. The above-mentioned limitations of liability also apply to the representatives and vicarious agents of 24Translation.
(2) 24Translation shall, in particular, offer no guarantee that the data made available by third parties via 24Translation is accurate. Nor shall 24Translation be liable for delays or errors in performance that are the result of the unclear, incorrect or incomplete forwarding or placement of an order or incorrect data input. This applies in particular in cases where third parties have obtained unauthorized access to 24Translation’s services and have caused disruption, irrespective of type and/or content, to the operation of 24Translation’s online platform.
9 Data backup
(1) 24Translation shall perform regular data backups for the data stored in the vendor’s account. In the event that data is lost, 24Translation shall strive to remedy the loss immediately.
(2) The vendor is personally responsible for ensuring data backup for his/her services.
24Translation is entitled to make alterations or amendments to its GTC at any time. The vendor shall be informed of any such changes in text form via letter, fax or e-mail and by the updated GTC on the 24Translation website. Unless the vendor objects within 10 working days in writing, his/her conduct is considered to constitute approval of the new GTC.